Consultant Bariatric /Upper G.I surgeon
MBChB, CCN(NL), FRCS(Eng)
Year qualified 2007
Mr Samier has an interest in laparoscopic surgery: weight-loss surgery, upper gastrointestinal surgery and. general surgery.He is also interested in non-surgical weight-loss procedures including gastric balloon.
- American Society of Metabolic Bariatric Surgery
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Dutch Society of General Surgery
- Dutch Medical Council
Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery Consultant. work both in the NHS and privately.
Mr Samier achieved his primary medical qualification from Baghdad in 1991. He undertook surgical training at the gastrointestinal unit of the internationally acclaimed Academic Medical Centre (AMC), Amsterdam-The Netherlands.
After completing further training in international centres France and Switzerland, Mr Samier moved to the UK to undertake a fellowship in bariatric and gastrointestinal surgery in Newcastle. After fellowship he underwent more training in bariatric surgery in Belgium .
He has since become a consultant bariatric surgeon at the South West Bariatric Surgery Group in Taunton, recognised as a Centre of Excellence in bariatric weight-loss surgery before moving to Darlington to set up bariatric unit and lead bariatric surgery at the Darlington Memorial Hospital.
Mr Samier has an extensive experience in Bariatric Surgery (gastric bypass, mini bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and revisional bariatric surgery) and in upper Gastrointestinal Surgery (antireflux surgery, paraesophageal hernia surgery and achalasia surgery).
He has an excellent experience in General laparoscopic Surgery (Gallbladder, Biliary and hernia surgery) and emergency Surgery.
Mr Samier have been involved in teaching and training undergraduates and postgraduates in England and abroad , he is also actively involved in education and clinical research and have several presentations and publications in major national and international conferences and journals.
- Gastric balloon
- Laparoscopic Sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic mini bypass
- Laparoscopic Antireflux surgery (Nissen fundoplication)
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic inguinal Hernia repair (TAP)
- Laparoscopic Abdominal wall Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic bile duct exploration Laparoscopic
- Upper GI endoscopy (gastroscopy) Upper GI endoscopy and dilatation